Thursday, October 1, 2015

CONCEPTUALIZING TEACHING ACTS


At the moment of planning my classes, I always think of my students, their differences as language learners, their preferences, intelligences and learning styles. After this, I try to implement a lesson in which my students can have an opportunity to live new experiences while learning. Now I'm trying to implement cooperative work but it requires some skills and time to achieve good results. Also, I try to create an environment in which everyone is responsible of his/her own learning, where everyone is free to share his/her ideas and to receive comments and suggestions from others.


2. What is your mind engagement like in the professional exercise of teaching?

I really like to be always learning something new to apply to my classes. Teaching is not a static process and sometimes we as teachers tend to remain in our confort zone. Since I'm very interested in technology, I usually read newspapers, articles and books which offer me useful information to learn and apply in my classes. Also, I love trying out many applications and online pages to engage my students.


3. How would you characterized your professional, personal and experiential knowledge of teaching?

I've learnt from different sources. The university, schools and institutes where I have worked have contributed substantially to shape my knowledge, methodologies, beliefs and thoughts. Also, experiences from other people have helped me be more open-minded and aware of this profession.The most important source of information, for me, is by reading. When I read, I can have a big understanding of many issues related to different areas. 


4. How do you see the relationship between theory, research and practice?

Theory, research and practice are all interrelated. Research is one of the most important aspects because through this, you can get theories which are the basis for our teaching practices. When teachers have the opportunities to do research, they are able to explore many fields of study and arrive to conclusions on certain aspects of education. Hence, teachers will be enriched with more theories to adapt to their teaching daily practices.


5. To what extent is there a cause-effect relationship between teaching and learning?

Teaching and learning are reciprocal. As a teacher, every time I go to the classroom I learn from my students. Likewise, it is important to say that it is necessary to acquire certain knowledge first to teach/share with anyone. We can learn from many sources of information, people and experiences, not only on formal classes. Along similar lines, we teach not only in a classroom; we teach through being a model for others, by sharing experiences, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment